Risk of chemical exposure. Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) when replacing bulbs. A broken bulb may result in exposure to phosphor powder dust and to elemental mercury vapor. The phosphor contains thallium, which can be absorbed through the skin or inhaled.
Risk of electric shock. Do not replace the bulbs while the UVCA 3000 is connected to a power source.
Replacement Bulbs: Order from ETEC. SAP Part Number ACC-02-1000.
The UVCA 3000 requires nine 36-watt UV bulbs. The figure below shows the position of each type of bulb. When replacing bulbs, refer to this figure for location and type of bulb.
1. Turn off the UVCA 3000 via the power button.
2. Disconnect the power cable from the AC power source.
3. Open the access door.
4. Remove the old bulb. Verify the new bulb is the same type as the old bulb.
5. Install the replacement bulb. Secure it in place by twisting the bulb ½ turn clockwise.
6. Connect the UVCA 3000 to the AC power source.