This feature lets you preheat the material tray for the best print results.
Notice: You can only see this menu if proper hardware configurations on the printer are set.
Notice: The maximum temperature is 45 °C (113 °F).
1. Select Settings > Heating to open the tab.
2. Set the required heating temperature for the material tray using the + and - buttons.
Caution: Do not touch the metal surfaces after starting the heating. They might be hot.
3. Select Start Heating.
→ The material tray starts heating.
→ The Start Heating button becomes the Stop Heating button.
4. To stop heating, select Stop Heating.
Notice: The material tray will continue heating until you select the Stop Heating button or go to the Job List screen.
Clean Material Tray
Some materials that require heating may be harder to maintain (filtering, pouring into the bottle) once they cool down. Therefore, when the job is finished, ETEC recommends you clean the material tray in order to simplify materials maintenance. To do this:
1. Remove the material tray from the printer.
2. Lightly skim the mixing card back and forth across the surface of the material in the tray.
Notice: Mix carefully to avoid puncturing or tearing the film at the bottom of the material tray.
3. Check the material for solids or debris. If found, filter the material.
4. Set the funnel and cone-shaped paint filter on top of a separate opaque storage bottle.
5. Pour the material out by tipping the front corner of the tray.
6. Use a material mixing card to assist in guiding the material into the filter.
7. When finished, dispose of the filter, and clean the funnel with a dry paper towel.