Use 99% IPA away from the material tray and thoroughly wipe all IPA completely from the build platform before installing it back onto the printer.
Time needed: Approximately two minutes
Maintenance frequency: Print-by-Print
The build platform should remain as clean as possible between print jobs to keep your printer in optimal printing condition. The build platform should be cleaned when:
- build platform becomes sticky
- material cures around the build platform clamping handle
- when changing the material type
- Clean the connection cavity at the top of the build platform using a Q-tip with 99% IPA.
- If too much material has cured in the torque knob screw threading, replace the build platform.
- Clean the surface of the build platform with a clean paper towel.
- Check every surface for material, buildup, or stickiness.
- Clean the excessive buildup using a small amount of 99% IPA on a clean paper towel or Q-tip.
- Hard spots of cured material can be carefully scraped off using the paint scraper from the Starter Kit.