Time needed: Approximately twenty minutes
Maintenance frequency: As needed or when changing printing material
- 2-quart plastic pitcher.
- Paper towel.
- 99% IPA.
- Opaque buckets with lids.
- Personal protective equipment, including nitrile gloves.
1. Go to Settings > Tank Lift from the main screen of Xtreme 8K CS.
2. Press Remove Tank.
→ The build platform and compensator will move up. The blade will move to the home front first and then the material tank will slowly go down until the limit is reached.
3. Open the lower compartment door.
4. Unplug the wire harness.
5. Roll the material tank out of the printer.
6. Locate the drain valve on the front bottom of the tank. Place clean paper towels on the floor under the valve. Place a clean bucket under the valve.
Fig. 1: Material Tank and Drain Valve
7. Open the valve and allow the material to drain into the bucket.
8. Close the valve before the bucket is completely full and wait for the material to stop flowing.
9. Repeat steps 5-7 with additional buckets until the material tank is empty.
10. Clean the drain valve and empty material tank with a dry paper towel.
11. Spray the paper towel with 99% IPA and wipe the material tank. Make sure no material residue or 99% IPA remains in the material tank, blade, platform, or anywhere else.
12. See Install Removable Material Tank Xtreme 8K to reinstall the material tank after cleaning.