The Xtreme 8K arrives in a wooden crate. You are responsible for keeping the shipping packaging for warranty purposes. It is important to mark out a space for crate and box storage before the printer arrives. The crate is needed for:
- Relocating the printer.
- Shipping the printer back to factory for upgrades or service needs.
The crate weighs 997,9 kg (2,200 lbs) with the printer, and 90,7 kg (200 lbs) without the printer. A forklift is required to move the crate. Store the crate fully assembled.
- Before moving the packaging into storage, reinsert the padding into the crate.
- Add the padding from accompanying boxes. See below.
- Break down any additional boxes that arrived with the crate, fold them, and insert them into the crate.
- Re-seal the crate using the original brackets.
- Place the crate in storage with a “Please do not discard, this crate accompanies 3D printer” sign attached to the sides.
The Xtreme 8K’s projectors arrive in a separate wooden crate.
If you purchased the curing unit and battery backup, they would arrive in a separate crate. To store, remove the padding and place it into the crate alongside of the printer padding. Cut the tape, flatten
the cardboard, and set it in the crate for safekeeping.