To check, modify, or fine-tune the printer’s parallelism and home position, a Home Position Calibration Cubes.stl file is printed. The printer must be powered on for the duration of the parallelism calibration, and the home position calibration.
Notice: Parallelism is achieved when the platform and material tray are aligned with each other. Home position is the lowest point of the build platform along the Z-axis, it is the start position of the build platform for printing.
Always remove the platform before taking the material tray out of the printer!
Failure to do so can result in material dripping down into or onto the printer causing failed builds and damaged equipment!
Processing the calibration .stl file
1. Download the Home Position Calibration Cubes.stl file to the computer where the Envision One RP software is installed.
2. Open the Envision One RP software and select a buildstyle. See the page Install Buildstyle for details.
3. Import the .stl file into the Envision One RP software.
Home Position Calibration Cubes.stl is a file made of nine blocks, each block is five millimeters high. This file is located on the USB drive that is shipped with every D4K Pro printer. The file is also available to download by contacting ETEC support, or an authorized distributor.
4. Print the Home Position Calibration Cubes.stl.
5. Once the print is completed, check if there are nine cubes on the platform.
6. If any of the cubes are missing, tap the Manual Debris Removal icon and remove any cured particles that settled to the bottom of the material tray.
1. Gently remove the calibration blocks from the build platform using the scraper that came in the starter kit.
2. Clean the models.
3. Take a close look at each printed block. There is a small number printed on each cube.
Measure the height of each cube and write down the values.
- If all the blocks are within +/- 100 microns, then the printer is paralleled, and no further action is required.
- If all the blocks are within 4.85 and 5.05 mm, then the printer’s home position is correct, and no further action is required.
If the home position is correct and the printer is not paralleled, then submit a tech support ticket for assistance.
If the printer is paralleled and the home position is not correct, then skip to section Adjust the Home position.
Adjusting the Home position
1. Remove the platform from the printer and place it aside on a clean work surface.
2. Tap Settings | Move & Calibration | Home Calibration in D4K Pro Control Software.
→ The following screen appears.
3. Set the value of a step by tapping the – and + icons of Step Value. This is the increment used for the Motion Distance. The Step Value increments can be set to 0.01, 0.10, 1.00, and 10.00.
4. Set a motion distance of the platform by tapping the – and + icons of Motion Distance. This is the total distance the platform moves.
5. Reference the values from section Measure to determine the new home position. The adjustment should be made based on the average height of the calibration blocks.
- If the average height measurement is below 4.85 mm, move the platform up tapping [Move] the required number of steps.
- If the average height measurement is above 5.05 mm move the platform down tapping [Move] the required number of steps.
6. Tap [Save].
→ The build platform holder starts moving up to the top of the Z-axis.
→ The new home position is set.