Work easily with SLC and CLI sliced files in Envision One RP!
Envision One RP supports .3MF and .STL file formats that are commonly used in 3D printing. Along with that, you can now use Envision One RP for working with SLC and CLI sliced files.
Find the detailed information about sliced files supported by Envision One RP:
- CLI (Common Layer Interface) files are used to provide the geometrical information of a sliced STL model such as the boundary points’ coordinates, orientation, layer thickness value, and hatches filling the contour.
- SLC (StereoLithography Contour) files comprise a collection of slices that contain information about the contours’ points with X and Y coordinates. All contours are stacked in parallel along the Z-axis.
Work with CLI and SLC Files
Important: The earliest release to support CLI and SLC files is Envision One RP 1.2.2636.
To start working with sliced files in Envision One RP, upload a CLI or SLC file in one of the following ways:
- Go to Menu > Open to select the needed file from your computer.
- Drag the file directly into the open Envision One RP software.
In Envision One RP, sliced files can be used with the following:
1. All GIZMO features except for the rotation on the X and Y axes.
- Rotate a slice stack on Z-axis in the Orientation widget.
- Reposition a slice stack.
- Create copies of a slice stack.
- Cut a slice stack by plane.
2. All features in the Layout widget.
3. Job file generation.
Before working with sliced files:
- Make sure that the appropriate buildstyle is selected. The layer thickness indicated in the buildstyle should correspond to the layer thickness value of the imported sliced file.
- Verify that there are no files of other formats on the platform. For example, a CLI file cannot be imported if there is already an SLC or STL file on the platform. In general, files of different formats cannot be placed on the platform at the same time.