Autopilot is the quickest and easiest way to prepare your models for printing. In just a couple of clicks, the system automatically prepares your model(s) for printing, places them on the platform, and generates the supports if needed.
Autopilot Applications and Modes
The Autopilot tool contains the following applications:
- Night Guards
Notice: The system shows the list of compatible printing materials for each Autopilot mode. You need to make sure that the currently selected printing material matches the requirements of the needed Autopilot mode.
The following modes are available under the Models application:
- Basic. This is a basic solution applicable for printing most models.
- Dental Models. This mode is particularly suitable for printing various types of dental models.
- A-Type Jaws. This mode is designed for automatically placing A-Type jaw models on the build platform and creating supports for them.
Night Guards Application
This application has only one mode called Night Guards dedicated to the fast printing of specific dental models called night guards.
This application has only one mode called Crowns and Bridges designed for preparing and printing such delicate dental models as crowns and bridges.
Prepare Models with Autopilot
To get a model ready for print with the Autopilot feature:
1. Open your 3D model(s).
2. Press the icon. The dialog box opens.
3. Select the needed application from the Application drop-down list.
4. Press Apply.
→ The list of the available modes under the Models application appears.
5. Select the print mode that corresponds to your 3D model(s).
6. Press Apply.
→ The parts are automatically placed according to the selected mode algorithms.
→ The supports are either generated or deleted depending on the selected mode.
7. For some Autopilot modes, the Autopilot Confirmation window will It will ask to review the orientation of the model and supports generated automatically for it before sending the job file to the printer. Press Confirm in case everything is correct or Cancel to change the model settings and supports.
8. Once the model settings are confirmed, select the printer in the Printer drop-down.
9. Press Send job to the printer.
→ The job is sent to the selected printer.
Notice: Autopilot automatically applies to all the models on the platform. If you have several models that need to be prepared for print individually, prepare your print step by step using the tools described in Using Envision One RP.