What is Finishing?
Finishing is the final step in post-processing a printed model. With finishing, you can remove all traces of supports and polish models as needed, depending on the final part application.
Each finishing process depends on the size and geometry of the printed part.
Finishing Procedure for Standard Jewelry and MCAD Models
1. Grind support bumps using a fine burr and rotary tool, or manually using sandpaper.
2. Remove dust particles by quickly spraying the model(s) with 99% IPA in a spray bottle, and dry immediately with compressed air.
Finishing Procedures for Specific Dental Applications
1. Grind support bumps using a fine burr and rotary tool.
2. Polish the supported side on a lathe using a cloth wheel and pumice.
3. Polish the supported side on a lathe using a cloth wheel and resin polish.
4. Spray with a dental appliance finishing spray.