ETEC’s global technical support team is always ready to help resolve printer issues. However, sometimes the printer must ship back to the nearest ETEC office for repair.
- A technical support case was submitted for the printer issue, and the issue is not resolvable remotely.
- The technician submitted an RMA case.
- The RMA representative sent the RMA case document via email.
Prepare Printer for Shipping
1. Build platform. Clean the build platform and ship it in a separate box placed in the cut-out of the foam that holds the top of the machine.
2. Material tray. Ship the printer with one clean material tray that is locked in position inside the printer. This is required for testing purposes. See Maintain Material for material filtering instructions.
Important: Remove all the material from the material tray. Wipe the material tray clean with a paper towel before shipping. Failure to do so could damage the printer.
3. Glass panel and drip tray. Ship the printer with the glass panel and drip tray in position inside the printer. This is required for testing purposes.
4. RMA case document. The RMA representative will email you a document titled “2019 International RMA Form”. Print this document and ship it in the box with your printer.
5. List of current materials. Take a moment to write a list of all materials you are currently using on your printer. This is helpful for testing purposes. Print this document and ship it in the box with your printer.
Package Printer for Shipping
Ship the D4K Pro in the original box. If you did not store the box, alert the RMA representative for assistance.
1. Locate the D4K’s box in storage.
2. The printer has two boxes – an exterior box and an interior box. Remove the lid from the exterior box and then remove the lid from the interior box.
3. Remove any external hardware boxes that were stored inside the interior box and return them to storage.
4. Fit the foam padding on the top and sides of the printer.
5. Lift the printer with a helper and place the printer in the interior box.
6. Put the lid on the exterior box, followed by the lid from the interior box.
7. Wrap the exterior box with plastic wrap.
Do not ship the following items together with the printer: items from the Starter Kit, such as calipers, scrapers, and spatulas; material bottles and material tags; more than one material tray, even if you have extras on hand (store your extra material trays on-site in a safe place away from direct exposure to light); the printer’s power cable; the ethernet cable.