ETEC’s global technical support team is always ready to help resolve printer issues. However, sometimes the printer must ship back to the nearest ETEC office for repair.
- A technical support case was submitted for the printer issue, and the issue is not resolvable remotely.
- The technician submitted an RMA case.
- The RMA representative sent the RMA case document via email.
Prepare Printer for Shipping
1. Build platform. Clean the build platform and ship it inside the printer, locked in position.
2. Material tray. Ship the printer with one clean material tray that is locked in position inside the printer. This is required for testing purposes. See Maintaining ETEC Materials for material filtering instructions.
Caution: Remove all the material from the material tray, and wipe the material tray clean with a paper towel before shipping. Failure to do so could damage the printer.
3. RMA case document. The RMA representative will email you a document titled “2019 International RMA Form”. Print this document and ship it in the box with your printer.
4. List of current materials. Take a moment to write a list of all materials you are currently using on your printer. This is helpful for testing purposes. Print this document and ship it in the box with your printer.
Pack Printer for Shipping
Ship the Envision One cDLM in the original crate. If you did not store the crate, ask the RMA representative for assistance.
1. Locate the Envision One’s crate in storage.
2. Remove the clips from the crate using a systematic approach. Use a flathead screwdriver to pry the metal crate fasteners from the corners.
3. To remove the L-brackets from the crate, slide the screwdriver under the end of the bracket with a break in the metal. Leverage the bracket up, one side at a time until the bracket comes free from the crate. Take the stack of brackets and set them off to the side.
4. Remove any external hardware boxes that were stored inside the crate and return them to storage.
5. The base of the crate is lined with rigid foam. Lift the printer with a helper and place the printer in the crate.
6. Fit the foam padding on the sides and top of the printer, sandwiching the printer in the crate.
7. Reassemble the crate with the L-brackets.
Do not ship the following items together with the printer:
- Items from the Starter Kit, such as calipers, scrapers, and spatulas.
- Material bottles and material tags.
- More than one material tray, even if you have extras on hand (store your extra material trays on-site in a safe place away from direct exposure to light).
- The printer’s power cable.
- The ethernet cable and Wi-Fi antenna.