Time needed: Approximately two minutes
Maintenance frequency: After each print
The build platform should remain as clean as possible between print jobs in order to keep your printer in optimal printing condition. The build platform should be cleaned when:
- It becomes sticky.
- Changing the material type
- There is cured material on the printing surface of the build platform or around the build platform connection cavity.
To clean the build platform:
1. Clean the connection cavity at the top of the build platform using a Q-tip with 99% IPA.
2. If too much material has cured in the connection cavity, replace the build platform.
3. Clean the surface of the build platform using a clean paper towel.
4. Check every surface for material, buildup, or stickiness.
5. Clean the excessive buildup using a small amount of 99% IPA on a clean paper towel or Q-tip.
6. Hard spots of cured material can be carefully scraped off using the paint scraper from the Starter Kit.
Caution: Use 99% IPA away from the material tray and thoroughly wipe all IPA completely from the build platform before installing it back in the printer.